I know I’m working on my sequel and getting the first published, (hopefully out soon!) but I found a day that I just couldn’t put anything on paper. So, I decided to challenge myself. I found six writing prompts.
My challenge, to myself, was to find a way to get these six prompts to be worked into one short story. I will be publishing on here by the end of this post. I’m doing this as I go and I will even time myself. Later on, I will request that you will send me the prompts and maybe we can get a once a month thing going with these scenes.
Here, I’m going to focus on adding whimsy and perhaps even some comedy into what would otherwise be rather serious prompts. I have the prompts that I will quote and put in where they were found, as well, after that we are going full force on the short story.
- “Correct me if I’m wrong, but you didn’t have wings yesterday, right?” (shareasimage.com)
- “That’s humans for you. Cut off a limb and it will live, but leave it without oxygen for five minutes and it’s done for.” (wordpress.com)
- “You know, normal people don’t have a basement full of weapons.”
“I’ll have you know that every single one of these knives save my life at least once.”
“What about that gun over there?”
“Oh, that? That’s just for decoration.” (shareasimage.com)
- “I thought I’d made it clear we have a no abduction policy.”
“She wasn’t cooperating. What do did you expect me to do?” (google.com)
- The Silence woke her. (pinterest.com)
- “Is there something wrong with me?”
“Yes, but it’s the same thing that’s wrong with all of us.” (pinterest.com)
Those are the six prompts for this section. I figure what I’ll do is write a blog post labeled as number two so that those who want to read can and those that don’t want to (shame on you!) will have the ability to skip over it. (And so I don’t make this blog post too long.)